Lacey Rotary Foundation
Organized in 1986, the Lacey Rotary Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization founded to expand the Lacey Rotary Club’s resources to serve the community with fiscal resources and allows the broad community to participate.
The mission of the Lacey Rotary Foundation is to directly support the graduating students in the greater Lacey, Washington area for their individual efforts to provide volunteer community service activities. Additional mission is to support the Lacey Rotary Club’s community service projects by providing a means to allow donors to such programs to receive tax deductible treatment, when applicable, for their respective contributions.
The Foundation also provides a number of opportunities for community participation in these and future projects via trusts, wills, planned giving, annual member contributions and grants.
The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership of the Lacey Rotary Club. Each serve staggered multi-year terms. The Board Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer are elected by the members of the Board.
Independent, professional firms provide investment management and accounting for the Foundation.
Service Above Self
For years, Rotary’s commitment to Service Above Self has been channeled through the Avenues of Service, which form the foundation of club activity.
- Club Service focuses on strengthening fellowship and ensuring functioning of the club.
- Vocational Service encourages Rotarians to serve others through their vocations and to practice high ethical standards. Observed each October, Vocational Service Month spotlights Rotary club projects related to this avenue, offering opportunity for clubs and districts to use their porfessional skills in service projects.
- Community Service covers the projects and activities the club undertakes to improve life in its community
- International Service encompasses actions taken to expand Rotary’s humanitarian reach around the globe and to promote world understanding and peace. Rotarians can support International Service by sponsoring a project in another country, seeking international project partners to support projects in their own communities, or by personally volunteering at an international project site.
- New Generations Service recognizes the positive change implemented by youth and young adults through leadership and development activities as RYLA, Rotoract and Interact, service projects, and creating international understanding with Rotary Youth Exchange.
JOIN US ON THURSDAYS FOR OUR WEEKLY MEETINGS
Work together with projects that improve the health or our world, our neighbors, and ourselves.
EngageThrough the friends we make and the lives we impact, Rotary offers us opportunities to engage with communities near and far to make a positive difference.
EmpowerJoin us as we help support, uplift, and promote our community through fundraisers and local events
First Rotary Club
The first Rotary Club in the world was started in Chicago.
on March 13th, 1969 the Rotary Club of Lacey held its first organizational meeting in a hallway of the Lacey Village Shopping Center.
Its first exchange student came to the Lacey Rotary Club in January 1970. She was Fiona Skahill from Australia.
One of its first expenditures of money in 1970 was for a $50 scholarship.
The Lacey Rotary Foundation
The Club starts a foundation which has grown to over $1 Million and now gives out over $70,000 in college scholarships each year.
Under the leadership of club president Ken Balsley, the Lacey Rotary Club started its first Interact Club.
First Duck Dash
Our clubs annual fundraiser, now over 30 years has raised over million dollars for charity.
Creates Huntamer Park
The Club donates $50,000 and builds Woodland Square Park (now Huntamer Park).
Built the Chambers Lake overlook on the Chehalis Western Trail
The first of 5 amenity projects built by our club along the trail.
Lacey Rotary Playground
The club celebrates its 50th anniversary by donating $55,000 and helping the city construct a playground in the new Depot District.